AUG / Deanship of Scientific Research / Awards, Grants and Prizes
Awards, Grants and Prizes
Al Azhar University-Gaza Research Award
- Best Researcher Award (quality, authenticity and the rate of the scientific production)
- Best Scientific Research Award
- Reference or Research citations Award (Total Citations)
- Patent Award
- Best Faculty in the Field of Scientific Research Award
General Conditions of the Award:
1. The award applicant must be a full -time faculty member /researcher at Al Azhar University or working on official scientific or research tasks outside the University.
2. The award applicant must fulfil all the conditions and documents before the actual deadline for the application and anything but that the application is considered invalid.
3.The submitted research to compete on the award must be completed during working at the University or while working on official scientific or research tasks outside the University, provided that these research carry the name of Al Azhar University -Gaza as an institution and the name of the faculty member / researcher applicant for the award.
4. The application for the award starts at the beginning of January until the end of March each year, and the award results will be announced after three months of the end of the applying period in an official ceremony held at the university level.
5. Only published research are accepted in the process of the application for the award. Works that are still in the process of publication or evaluations are absolutely not accepted.
6. The scientific production submitted for the award includes individual or joint research published in peer reviewed journals or in specialized scientific
conferences and symposia as well as patents, published books that contain an addition to science and knowledge, translated books, and manuscripts.
7. The number of the applicant's submitted works for the award must not be less than five works carried out in the last five years.
8. The applicant must not include any research from his Master's or Doctoral thesis in the submitted scientific production. The professors who supervised
postgraduate theses as well as the supervisors in the scientific peer reviewed journals may apply for the award if they published the learnt research of
these theses jointly with the author.
9.The submitted research must be conducted within the ethics of scientific research and its customs.
10. The award applicant must not be a member of any commission or committee directly related to the award and not a staff of the Deanship of Scientific
Research in the same year of applying.
11.The faculty member who received the award in one of its branches is not entitled to apply to compete on the same award for the next three years.
12. The faculty members and researchers who were not lucky in previous times are allowed to re-apply provided that they must submit two new research or
13. The works or research extracted from postgraduate theses and supervised by the applicant have half the number of points accrued at the assessment
14. The applicant is not allowed to apply for more than two branches in the same year and the award is conferred to him only in one branch of that year.
15. Al Azhar University -Gaza, represented in the Deanship of Scientific Research, has the full right to reject or exclude the application form or to
withdraw the award and all the consequent after the announcement of the names of the winner / winners if breach of the ethics of scientific research was
proved. He whose award was withdrawn is not entitled to reply for the same branch or any other branches.
16. Al Azhar University -Gaza, represented in the Deanship of Scientific Research, has the full right to reject or exclude the application form or to
withdraw the award and all the consequent after the announcement of the names of the winner / winners if breach of its condition was proved.
17. Al-Azhar University-Gaza represented the deanship of scientific research and the full right to freeze the awards of a branch or more without the
announcement of any reasons.
18. Arbitration committees undertake the responsibility of considering the submitted applications.
19. Scientific research council / award Committee Find undertake the responsibility of forming arbitration committees for any branch of the award.
20. The award is granted by a decision of the University Council, upon the recommendation of the Scientific Research Council and the arbitration referred
to in these instructions.
21. University Council decided, upon the recommendation of the Scientific Research Council Unless otherwise agreed or any problems that may arise from the
application of these regulations, and has the final word.