The Department of History was founded in 1995, offering a bachelor's degree in History and a bachelor's degree in History with Minor in Political Sciences.
- To preserve our Palestinian, Arabic and Islamic history.
- To teach thematic histories that track changes in gender, science, law, ethnicity, religion, capitalism, environment, and many other topics.
- To fulfill the Palestinian market needs for qualified and distinguished students in the field of history.
- To prepare young cadres to ensure the development and prosperity of civilization, achieving sustainable development especially in the developing countries,
- first and foremost in the Arab world, including Palestine.
Al Azhar University-Gaza (AUG) is privileged to have the most distinctive academics and researchers who are known for their excellence in groundbreaking research and exceptional teaching, and for their enthusiasm for engaging students in a shared intellectual journey.
visit our Staff page