The department was established in 2012 with a very advanced and distinguished academic program that contributes in the development of the Faculty of Arts and Humanities.
The Department of Mass Communication and Media Studies focuses on study the structure, processes, aesthetics, functions, ethics and criticism of mass media and human communication. Students gain knowledge in theory, research and practical skills that are applicable to a wide range of careers. It is the mission of the department to provide students with the tools needed to navigate the communication challenges of the 21st century.
Laboratories and studios:
- To provide students with diverse courses in advertising, journalism and new media, public relations, and communication studies.
- To offer high-quality educational programs which enable students to become critical thinkers and effective, ethical communicators.
- To use practical, innovative experiences and partnerships to prepare students for successful communication careers.
- To maintain and enhance strong relationships with alumni and community leaders from business, government and the nonprofit sector.
- Montage laboratory for the practical aspect related to media.
- Training Halls.
- Educational studio for the practical aspect that includes montage devices, radio equipment, and digital cameras.
- Media training center for the local and international organizations.
- Al-Azhar newspaper which is a product of both students and teachers efforts funded by the university. The newspaper covers many topics about the university.
- Al-Azhar electronic newspaper that discusses literature, cultural and political topics.
Al Azhar University-Gaza (AUG) is privileged to have the most distinctive academics and researchers who are known for their excellence in groundbreaking research and exceptional teaching, and for their enthusiasm for engaging students in a shared intellectual journey.
visit our Staff page