The Department of Psychology was founded as an integral part of the Faculty of Education to meet the needs of the Palestinian society and to strengthen student's capacities in handling the psychological problems. The Faculty of Education is responsible of preparing school psychologist capable of helping students on the psychological level. The department offers courses in Psychology Growth, Educational Psychology Studies, Measurement and Assessment, Mental Health, and General Social Psychology. It also offers courses for Child Psychology specialty.
The Department Objectives:
- To train specialist-level school psychologists who have a foundation of knowledge in both education and psychology.
- To produce graduates who follow a problem solving approach to the practice of school psychology.
- To raise awareness among Palestinian people about the most important psychological and social problems in our society.
- To provide master's program for graduated students.
The Department of Psychology aspires to:
- Develop its psychology laboratory, and to provide it with new experiments.
- Construct a psychological clinic for mental illness treatment
- Develop its higher education program to offer a PHD degree in psychology.
Al Azhar University-Gaza (AUG) is privileged to have the most distinctive academics and researchers who are known for their excellence in groundbreaking research and exceptional teaching, and for their enthusiasm for engaging students in a shared intellectual journey.
visit our Staff page