About Faculty of Pharmacy
Al Azhar University has the privilege to establish the first Faculty of Pharmacy in Palestine in 1992. The Faculty of Pharmacy at Al Azhar University-Gaza (AUG) is considered one of the leading pharmaceutical education centers dedicated to preparing pharmacy professionals and scholars in Palestine. The Faculty has the most qualified staff in pharmaceutical education, who graduated from prestigious universities and who have their scientific activities published in reputable scientific journals. The Faculty aims to advance the educational and professional development of the students; generate and translate scientific findings into meaningful innovations in healthcare; and positively impact the health and well-being of the community we serve and beyond.
The Faculty awarded a Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy in addition to a master's degree in pharmaceutical sciences, and clinical nutrition
Welcome to the Faculty of Pharmacy, a distinctive edifice in innovation and excellence. I'm truly privileged to serve as the Dean of this exceptional Faculty. I encourage you to explore this website to discover all our Faculty has to offer.
The Faculty of Pharmacy at Al Azhar University-Gaza (AUG) is the first Faculty established in Palestine to provide pharmacy education. It is comprised of an outstanding group of faculty and staff who are passionate about providing exceptional education in pharmaceutical sciences. Through exemplary curricula and programs, the Faculty prepares pharmacy practitioners to deliver pharmacy care in a dynamic society and to enter a wide range of existing or emerging health care practices.
We welcome you and invite you to explore our website or contact us to learn about the Faculty.
Ehab M A Al Massri
The Faculty is dedicated to developing the pharmaceutical curriculum to cope with the rapid development in this field. Moreover, according to society's need, the Faculty offers new programs to prepare future pharmacists for an expanded role in health care profession
The Faculty of Pharmacy seeks to be recognized regionally and internationally as a place of innovation, creativity and excellence in pharmacy education, research, and service in the pharmaceutical, social, and clinical sciences
The faculty of Pharmacy at Al-Azhar University-Gaza (AUG) confers bachelor's degrees after successfully completing (144) credit hours in the following disciplines:
- Graduation ceremony at 9-10-2015
- Scientific day “ Allergy Diseases” at 19-3-2015
“Synthesis and Molecular Modeling of 3H-Benzo[4,5]imidazo[1,2-d][1,2,4] triazin-4-one Derivatives with Phosphodiesterase 5 Inhibitory and Anticancer Properties.”
The Faculty of Pharmacy has several research interests and fields that are:-
- Mohammad Mohammad, Ihab M. Al-Masri, Ala Issa, Mohamed A.S. Al-Ghussein, Mohammad Fararjeh, Hatim Alkatib, Mutasem O. Taha, and Yasser Bustanji. Famotidine inhibits glycogen synthase kinase-3?: An investigation by docking simulation and experimental validation. J Enzyme Inhib. Med. Chem., 2013, Vol. 28, No. 4, 690-694
- Mohammad Mohammad, Ihab M. Al-masri, Ala Issa, Ayman Khdair, Yasser Bustanji. Inhibition of pancreatic lipase by berberine and dihydroberberine: an investigation by docking simulation and experimental validation. Med Chem Res. (2013) 22:2273–2278
- Ihab M. Al-masri, Mutasem O. Taha, Mohammad K. Mohammad. New leads for DPP IV inhibition: Structure-Based Pharmacophore Mapping and Virtual Screening Study. Archives of Pharmacal Research. 2013, 6 august
- Ihab M. Al-masri. Pancreatic Lipase Inhibition by Papaverine: Investigation by simulated molecular docking and subsequent in vitro evaluation. Jordan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. Accepted for publication (in press)
More Research ...
- Biochemistry and molecular biology
- Phytotherapy, food herb interaction, Narcotics and substance abuse, clinical nutrition
- Environmental, forensic, clinical and immunotoxicology.
- Natural products; Inter-relationship between plants and their uses as food ingredient and their activity.
- Computer-aided drug design, drug discovery.
- Pharmaceutical analysis.
- Nanotechnology and dosage form, ocular drug delivery.
- Synthesis of bioactive of heterocyclic compounds.
- In vivo drug- Drug interaction.
- Gastrointestinal absorption of drugs in situ.
- Bioavailability and bioequivalence.
- Developing and validation.
- Developing and validation of analytical methods for drugs in pharmaceutical dosage forms.
- Implication of antioxidants in protection against of different diseases.
- Vitamins and herbs in minimizing side effects of drugs.
For any enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us :
+970 - 08 - 2641885
+970 - 08 - 2641886
+970 - 08 - 2641887
+970 - 08 - 2641890
+970 - 08 - 2641888